whew, these acceptance posts are not the quickest and easiest things to do. takes a bit of work, actually. but I am happy to announce that I have been given three nominations for the Liebster Award for new and up-and-coming bloggers. for those who don’t know, the Liebster Award allows for budding bloggers to recognize each other and help promote the work they have put into their blogs. it is a nice way to discover and connect with other bloggers (if you choose to do so, that is. of course you could also just ignore your nomination, say ‘this is stupid’ and go on your merry way. you’re entirely within your right to do so, although I encourage you to give it a shot). plus it just feels nice to have someone recognize your blog and to be able to tell people that your blog won an award and totally make the whole thing sound cooler and more exclusive than it actually is. always a plus.
there are a few rules that go along with the award if you choose to accept it. and if you’re like me and was really confused about it at first, let me clarify that a nomination essentially = a win. the nomination is basically an invitation to participate in and accept the Liebster Award and if you choose to do so and make an acceptance post then you have pretty much crowned yourself a winner. congratulations.
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award. since the point is to recognize rising bloggers, nominees are supposed to have less than 200 followers, although I may grant a little bit of leeway on this one. sometimes its harder to tell how many followers someone has anyway.
3. Let them know about the nomination (just drop a comment somewhere on their blog)
4. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer
6. If you feel like being nice, go ahead and thank the person who nominated you. if you don’t feel like being nice, and the words “thank you” are just too much for you to muster, just go ahead and mention who nominated you
11 facts about myself:
1. I love horses. a lot.
2. my favorite color is gold. but for those who don’t accept gold as a color, its purple
3. my favorite sports to watch are horse racing and pro cycling
4. i’m in love with the idea of being French
5. apparently i’m not a very good driver (according to feedback from my family)
6. Khaled Hosseini is one of my favorite authors
7. I don’t like cheese (with a couple exceptions)
8. a small part of me is still afraid of the dark sometimes
9. until about a year ago I hated living in Washington; too much rain
10. someday I want to own a german shepherd
11. the joy formidable and coldplay are my favorite bands
this one is a doozy because three nominations mean three sets of questions to answer. I was thinking of only answering the set of questions from the first nomination I received but ill go ahead and answer all of them
The woman in the dress:
1) What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
My cell phone!
2) What is your favorite item in your closet?
A black knit cardigan from H&M; it’s a staple for me
3) What would be your dream vacation?
A European tour with someone very special to me
4) What is one of your biggest fears?
That I’ll live an unfulfilled and mediocre life.
5) Which kind of shopping do you prefer: online or in store?
Online; it much more accessible and easier to find what I want
6) Favorite food?
Salmon; really seafood in general
7) What is one thing a lot of people don’t know about you?
Gosh, I think a lot of people don’t even know I have this blog.
8) If you could trade places with any celebrity for a day, who would it be?
Candice Swanepoel; it would be so much fun to live the life of a VS Angel for a day
9) Foundation first or coverup?
10) What are your hopes for your blog?
I hope that my blog will continue to grow and I hope that I don’t lose interest in it.
1.If you could be best friends with one fictional character, from any book, TV show, or movie, who would it be?
Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries (the TV show)
2.What is your favorite song (at the moment)?
Awkward by San Cisco
3.Coke or Pepsi?
Coke! Always Coke.
4.Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
Are you a banana, because I find you a-peeling
5.Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?
Too hot; I feel much more miserable when i’m cold
6.What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
It was awfully sweet when my boyfriend surprised me with flowers recently
7.Cheetos or Cheese Puffs?
I don’t like either.
8.If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
That’s hard… a horse, a new car, to go to Paris?
9.What was your favorite childhood movie?
Its hard choosing between all the Disney movies but I loved Beauty and the Beast
10.Snack time or Nap time? (Sticking with the childhood theme for this).
Snack time, I have a hard enough time falling asleep when I’m tired.
11.What is the funniest thing you have ever overheard?
I really can’t remember anything right now!
1.) What are your hopes for your blog?
That it will keep growing and that people will continue to enjoy it.
2.) What is your dream job?
3.) What is your all time favorite eyeshadow?
I don’t really wear eye shadow so I’m not sure. I love the Naked pallet from Urban Decay
4.) What is your favorite high-end makeup that you would continue to repurchase?
Sephora lipstick and bare minerals foundation.
5.) What is your first high end makeup product?
Loose mineral makeup powder; I can’t remember the brand.
6.) What are your go-to shoes?
Glittery gold flats from Target
7.) What is your favorite piece of clothing?
My sheer black cutoff sleeve top with silver collar tips
8.) Fall or spring?
Fall; bring on the falling leaves, crisp air and pumpkin flavored drinks
9.) Who are your favorite beauty gurus?
I don’t really know any
10.) Who inspires you?
Lamest answer ever but i’m not really sure
11.) Favorite store to shop in?
It’s between Forever 21 and H&M
1. Amerika Airlines
2. apartment wife
3. First the West
4. Being Plum
6. A Stylish Review
7. teacups and cinnamon
8. Starbucks and the City
11. Dew on the Sea
congrats guys, if you’ve been nominated go ahead and check out all the blogs on this list as well! maybe drop a few comments and say hi.
11 questions to answer (i apologize for the lame unoriginal questions)
finally, i’ll ask questions for you all to answer!
1. Milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips?
2. What is your dream job and why?
3. What is your favorite drink? Any drink.
4. Would you rather live in the city or in a more rural country setting?
5. Is this your first blog? (I have had at least two before this one, gave up on both)
6. What is currently your favorite song?
7. Best dessert you’ve ever had?
8. What is your favorite thing about your blog?
9. If there was a natural disaster who would be the first person you’d look for?
10. Who is going to see Catching Fire in the theater when it comes out? 😀
11. What is your favorite store to shop at?
and that’s the Liebster Award everyone! congrats to the nominees and go ahead and pass the award on to other deserving bloggers!
Important Note: now while I appreciate the nominations, I ask that I not receive any more. the blog post on We Loved Here does a great job of explaining why. try to branch out and take the time find some new blogs. try to nominate someone who hasn’t already been nominated instead of finding someone off another nomination list and nominating them again. thanks guys!!