hello all! first off, ignore my less than stellar cell phone pictures, i’m not a pro food photographer with the lighting knowledge, a fancy camera and an amazing setting. that being said, today i’m coming at you with my chicken and lemon pasta recipe! I’ve been cooking it for a couple of years now and it’s a hit with my family! I got it off of the Food Network website a while back after seeing it on a cooking show, it might’ve been Down Home with the Neelys (is that show even still airing?). anyway, the recipe has been one of my most asked-for recipes (my top one would have to be my wild rice soup, a recipe I might hit you with another time!) so obviously i’m doing something right. like some of the best dishes though, I don’t completely follow the directions and after a while I’ve come to just do it by sight and taste instead of measuring ingredients out. but I will give you the official recipe and let you add your own variations to it!
~ 1lb dried pasta (I use a box of Barilla)
~ 2 chicken cutlets, cubed (or cut into fingers)
~ salt and freshly ground black pepper
~ 3 cloves garlic, sliced
~ 1/4tsp red pepper flakes
~ 3tbs olive oil
~ 3tbs roughly chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
~ 2 lemons, juiced
~ 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
~ 1 package of sliced mushrooms (I added this into the recipe)
1. cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. drain well.
2. season chicken with salt and pepper. heat a large grill pan over medium high and add chicken. grill until chicken is golden and completely cooked. remove to a plate and slice.
3. using the chicken juices already in the pan and adding a bit of olive oil, sauté mushrooms; remove to a bowl.
4. add the garlic and red pepper flakes to a sauté pan (I do everything in the same pan; same pan as I cooked the chicken and mushrooms in) with 3tbs of olive oil and sauté until fragrant. add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. mix all together.
5. if there’s not enough room in the pan, remove the pasta to a large bowl (otherwise keep it in the same pan). add the chicken to the warm pasta and season with salt pepper. sprinkle in chopped parsley. add the juice of 2 lemons and mix. before serving top with parmesan.
this recipe takes about 25-30min to make and makes about 5 servings so it’s a great recipe for serving a larger amount of people. it serves 5-6 people easily. you can add more or less lemon and parmesan than the recipe calls for. this part I do my taste, adding lemon and cheese in increments until I feel like the two are balanced well and that there is enough of each (I use way more than a half a cup of parmesan). so try it out and let me know how it goes!
don’t be shy! like and share this post and let me know what you think.