Starbucks. probably the biggest brand name in Seattle, and rightly so. Seattle is the birthplace of the famous franchise, and everywhere you look there are the famous Starbucks snapshots. people with their drinks, hot and cold, during the winter and the summer. and after a while of sipping on all that Starbucks, the same drinks can start to get a bit lackluster and boring. now, I love a white chocolate mocha or a vanilla soy latte as much as anyone else, but after a while you start to feel the need to mix things up a bit. try something new. i’m thinking something off-menu. so last week, with the intention to add a little something to spice up a popular Starbucks drink, I added a pump of peppermint to the coveted mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino.
… it was bliss. like a chocolate chip mint cookie. this drink is just the first of many more drinks I intend to try. here are some of them:
1. Snickerdoodle Frappuccino order a tall chai tea Frappuccino with soy milk // add two pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup // add cinnamon dolce sprinkles on top!
2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Frappuccino order a tall white mocha Frappuccino // add one pump of hazelnut syrup and one pump of cinnamon dolce syrup // have cinnamon sugar blended in // ask for extra whip cream and cinnamon sugar on top (sounds like you need to have a real sweet tooth for this one!)
3. The Skinny Mint order a tall green tea Frappuccino // ask for it with soy milk instead // add one pump of peppermint syrup
4. Michael Jackson Frappuccino ask for half vanilla bean Frappuccino, half java chip Frappuccino // get whip cream on top // add chocolate drizzle on half of the whip cream
5. Cadbury Black Forest order hot chocolate // add two pumps of raspberry syrup
6. Coco Puffs Frappuccino ask for a tall vanilla bean Frappuccino // add 1 pump of hazelnut syrup and one pump of mocha syrup // add whip cream and mocha drizzle
7. Strawberry Cheesecake Frappuccino order a tall white chocolate Frappuccino // ask for a pump of raspberry syrup // ask for extra whip cream
8. Neapolitan Frappuccino order a strawberries and cream frappe // add in vanilla bean powder // add in mocha syrup
9. Snickers Frappuccino order a java chip frappe // add one pump of toffee syrup // ask for caramel drizzle
10. Cake Batter Frappuccino order a vanilla bean Frappuccino // add almond flavoring (or hazelnut as a substitute)
yum, these all sound great! if any of you end up trying any of these drinks, let me know how they taste. recipes courtesy of @starbucksqueenn_ on instagram.